Sunday, May 26, 2013

Write the Plan - Work the Plan

Guest Post
by Carol Kennedy

Note: This was originally posted on The Organized Genealogist Facebook group on May 26, 2013.

Here's what I wrote in red caps on my OneNote Organizing Plan:

Write the Plan . . . Work the Plan

Be Tough. Have no mercy for junk you will never use. Get rid of it any way you can.

Out of sight. . . Out of Mind

Commit to completing this plan - one baby step at a time.

Remember, the mess didn't accumulate overnight, so it will not be organized overnight.

Do not start reading old docs and run for your computer instead of staying on plan.


I will read this every day before I start with the tasks that follow. Maybe YOU have some more encouraging words I can include.

Copyright 2013 Carol Kennedy, used with the permission of the author


6 comments:

  1. Welcome to Geneabloggers! Good advice. I'm trying to sort through a little each day.

    Regards, Grant

    http://thestephensherwoodletters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Do not start reading old docs and run for your computer instead of staying on plan."

    You've been watching me, have you? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great advice! I found your site via geneabloggers.com Good luck with your blogging and I hope you find all your missing links in the process.
    Kim
    kkgenealogy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to GeneaBloggers! You have chose the perfect niche topic :) I know you will do very well with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use a timer. Set it for 15 to 20 minutes and stay focused. Amazing how much can be accomplished in 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use a timer. Set it for 15 to 20 minutes and stay focused. Amazing how much can be accomplished in 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete